What Questions To Ask During Your Body Cosmetica Plastic Surgery Consultation?
While it is not possible to get all answers to your questions, there is no harm in voicing your fears and concerns. Moreover, you can only be sure of answer, either right or wrong, when you ask. Even if you are afraid of not getting the right answer, that shouldn’t keep you from trying. Remember, you can only get what you ask for. The only time you can clear your doubt is during consultation. What exactly are the questions you are expected to ask your surgeon during consultation?
- Board Certification: Are you certified by the American Board of plastic surgery? You may feel this question is odd and out of place but it is not. Do you know any licensed physician who is not a qualified or certified to perform plastic surgery in the US can legally carry it out? Yet, he/she is not licensed. This is why you must ensure that you are in safe hands because plastic surgery needs expertise, regulated procedure and safety measures which an ordinary physician is not exposed to. Make sure your chosen surgeon is board-certified.
- Previous jobs: Can I have some of your past records? You need to be sure this surgeon has handled similar jobs for others successfully before going ahead for the procedure. He/she will be willing to show you the pictures of past successful jobs as well as giving out details of such clients if you need to see or call them for confirmation. It is only an inexperienced surgeon that will hide such important details from prospective patients.
- Experience: How often do you carry out this type of procedure? Remember there are different types of plastic surgery procedures and you are not sure if he has previously carried out this particular one you want to undergo from him, and how often he has done that. The essence of this is to ensure he knows what he is to do so that you won’t be another experiment. It is not enough to know what he is doing; he should have done it several times to ensure he is vast in it.
- Cost: How much is this procedure? Quality service means real cost but it shouldn’t be too expensive. This will also help you to plan your budget before the actual date, or would you prefer to undergo the procedure before knowing the cost? That won’t be wise.
- Recovery: How long will it take me to get back on my feet? The time of recovery varies according to the type of procedure undertaken. While some will take weeks with additional terms and conditions, others may take months. There is wisdom in asking your surgeon ahead so that you can plan and prepare adequately for assistance from friends if you are going to be in bed for a long time.
Other questions include the location of surgery procedure, the type of anesthesia to be used, accredited facilities and equipment, the availability of the surgeon after the procedure, and others.