How To Choose A Plastic Surgeon
10 Tips on How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon is one of the most important decisions a patient will ever make. When choosing a plastic surgeon it is important to remember that the health and safety of your face, your body, your person are at stake. It is important to educate yourself about the surgeon that you are choosing. At Body Cosmetica we have compiled 10 Tips in order to help you choose a plastic surgeon. In order to choose the right plastic surgeon click here
In order to choose a plastic surgeon it is essential to inquire about the board certification of the plastic surgeon. There are many “cosmetic surgeons” masquerading as plastic surgeons. This is a serious misnomer in the market place. “Cosmetic surgeons” have little or no specialty in plastic surgery but are offering services for plastic surgery. Make sure that your plastic surgeon has training in plastic surgery. Choose a plastic surgeon that is board certified. There are two surgical boards that you should look fo
Make sure when you choose a plastic surgeon that the surgical facility is accredited. This ensures the highest standards of safety and cleanliness. A safe and clean facility will eliminate the risks of an adverse outcome, like infection. A safe and clean environment also ensures optimal results. An accredited facility reflects well on the plastic surgeons reputation. A board certified plastic surgeon cannot operate a surgery facility that is not accredited. There are two boards of accreditation that you should look for when a choose a plastic surgeon:
- The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
In order to choose a plastic surgeon, you must go on a in person consultation. Yes your selfies may be used to evaluate your candidacy. Yes a virtual consultation over Skype, for example, may be used to also evaluate your candidacy. The aforementioned, however, may not be used as a substitute for an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. During your consultation you must meet with the plastic surgeon who will be performing your procedure. Do not only meet with the nurse or office staff. Your consultation is your opportunity to meet the surgeon, evaluate his bedside manner and credentials, to ask questions and to obtain information. In order to schedule your complimentary consultation with a Body Cosmetica Board Certified Plastic Surgeon click here
- Before and After Photos: In order to choose a plastic surgeon, you must view before and photos by that surgeon of surgeries performed on other patients. The before and after photos should be of patients that had procedure for which you are also inquiring. For example, if you are looking for a breast augmentation New York, you should see a before and after gallery by that surgeon of breast augmentation procedures. For example, if you are looking for a Brazilian Butt Lift New York, you should see a before and after gallery by that surgeon for Brazilian butt lift procedures. The Before and After gallery that you view should be recent. The patient pictured therein should be recently performed procedures. And the patients you are viewing should be similar in ethnicity and size to yourself. For example, if you are an African American patient, you should view pictures of other African American patients. To view our gallery of before and after photos click here.
- Reputation: In order to choose a Plastic Surgeon you will want to research their reputation. It’s best to speak to a trusted source like a friend or a family member who knows the surgeon. You may also speak directly to other patients of the plastic surgeon as a reference. In order to read and watch Testimonials of Body Cosmetica patients, click here. You should also conduct an online search of the plastic surgeon. You should be noted that you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet, and seeing one or two bad reviews should not necessarily be a deterrent. Good resources for patient reviews are Yelp yelp.com Real Self www.realself.com, Facebook www.facebook.com. You should also research the doctor to ensure that his or her license is in good order in the State in which they are practicing, and that they have no outstanding lawsuits. This may be done at DocFiner.com http://administratorsinmedicine.org/AIM/Public/About_DocFinder.aspx
In order to choose a Plastic Surgeon, you will want to choose an appropriate location. While medical tourism is a growing industry, and plastic surgery vacations are advertised online for cheap, it is necessary to choose a location near you. Assuming you live in an area where board certified plastic surgeons are available and plentiful, like Plastic Surgery New York, Plastic Surgery Chicago, or Plastic Surgery New Jersey, there is no reason to travel out of State or out of the country for routine plastic surgery. Choose a plastic surgeon in the United States and in the State that you reside. This is for your health, safety and to ensure optimal care. If you are unhappy with your results, choosing the appropriate location will ensure that the doctor is near enough to meaningfully address your concerns. In the rare case that your procedure was not properly performed choosing a plastic surgeon with an appropriate location will ensure that you have redress. In order to find a Body Cosmetica affiliate plastic surgeon near you click here
In order to choose a Plastic Surgeon, you should meet the plastic surgeons staff. The plastic surgeons staff will be responsible for your care before, during and after your procedure. You will want to ensure that the plastic surgeons’ staff are friendly, caring, courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. They should be available to answer all of your questions about the office and the procedure that you may have.
: In order to choose a plastic surgeon, it is wise to visit the office and the facility where your procedure will be performed. Upon your visit you will want to ensure that the office environment is clean and comfortable, and that the equipment is up to date.
: Many plastic surgery procedures are performed under general anesthesia. During your consultation you will want to know who provides the anesthesiology. Does the doctor utilize a nurse or an anesthesiologist. Typically an anesthesiologist is more qualified to provide general anesthesia than a nurse.
- Price: In order to choose a plastic surgeon, price is always a concern. That being said it should not be your only concern. Too often patients make their decision on price alone and are unhappy with their results as a result. Choosing the right plastic surgeon is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. The results are permanent and semi-permanent. It is a significant investment in yourself. Never choose a plastic surgeon based upon price alone. Instead, refer to the above factors. Never choose a plastic surgeon who offers the lowest price. If price, however is a concern, there are several financing options available to patients. To learn more about our financing options click here. We have several staff members who will walk you through the process step by step in order to ensure that you get approved with the right lender at the right rate.